Thursday, January 14, 2010

The thaw

Ok folks, we've had the big freeze, now we're in for the big thaw, it's the big everything in this place, still it's good to see the lawn again and I won't miss all the skidding around.
The media attention is now on Haiti and the earthquake. I have read so much about Haiti in the past, from books like Serpent and the Rainbow, and Mr Clarinet, so when I hear the names of places they are not unfamiliar to me, even though I have never been there. Still, I would rather not see it on the news under such circumstances. Nature shows no mercy.
Early this morning, the rain was pounding down on the roof and it was bitterly cold and blowing a gale and I was so grateful to be inside and all snuggled up and cosy. It's so easy to forget the little things that we take for granted. xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home