Saturday, December 12, 2009

Gerald and the tree

Well, I bet you're all dying to know about Gerald and the tree. What actually happened is that he got all paranoid because the police were behind him and for some reason he thought that they were going to stop him. This in turn made him think he was going to be late for his dinner, so he made a dash round the corner, hoping to speed into the drive and turn off his lights in order to vanish from before their eyes. Unfortunately, he failed to make an accurate manoeuvre, there was an awful scraping sound, the smell of freshly cut tree, his bumper fell off and the headlight was totally smashed. Then I had to stand there in the freezing cold, holding our pathetic torch, whilst he patched the whole thing up with gaffer tape. (the car that is, not the tree). In his defence, I must hasten to add that ours is a very awkward driveway to get into, it looks straight, but is actually at an angle, even I scraped my little car on the gate.

Yesterday I was stuck in the traffic jam from hell, it's so depressing that getting anywhere in London by car has become so stressful, at least if you go on the tube you know roughly when you will arrive at your destination. I could have done without it to be quite honest, but anyway that's life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home