Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's been a trying week , I must admit. Things like that are supposed to make you stronger. Someone who was meant to be my friend let me down badly. Actually we were only starting to become friends, but I'm not sure what will happen now, it could go either way. Nobody's perfect, but because it was to do with me being able to get to the sound check for the gig, it made me rather peeved and a bit edgy to say the least. Fortunately another, colleague of mine is going to go out of his way to help me, without even thinking about it. It's fortunate that there are some decent people around.
Last night was freezing cold and we awoke to snow this morning. I happened to be coming home from London on the train, but they were all messed up again and once more I found myself on a freezing platform with a ten minute wait, I just couldn't be bothered so I decided to take a cab. The driver was local, quite an old fellow and he was telling me lots of interesting stories about the area and the forest, in particular about the deer. There are so many deer in one part of the forest, that when people are horse riding they are often confronted by small herds literally jumping out from underneath them.
I am always enthralled by the beauty of the forest, like this morning there was a spattering of snow and all the trees in the forest are nearly bare, and it was a lovely wintry setting. Well, I'm just gonna chill out by the fire now, goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home