Thursday, October 16, 2008

The heat is on

Bet you all wondered what on earth had happened to me. Whilst out the other day, I decided to hire a carpet cleaning machine, we have cream carpets in two rooms of the house and they were looking a bit grubby. I thought to myself that I could just go over them really quickly and that would be it. I should have known better, they turned out to be a real mission just like those wretched conifers. Two whole days later and they still weren't properly finished and everyone's lives were disrupted as they had to go out the front door and walk all the way round the house just to get to the kitchen. And because the house was in turmoil, it felt like we were moving again, it was all very unsettling and time consuming, I couldn't get my head round anything else , let alone do anything else or go anywhere. Then when all the furniture was back in it's place and everything looked spotless and tidy, I suddenly became myself again and realised the enormity of what we have to accomplish for this up coming gig. It's wonderful to have such opportunities and that's what I keep reminding myself when things get a bit pressurised!Writing is therapeutic though, it helps to get rid of all that unnecessary clutter in your mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home