Friday, October 03, 2008

Hello winter

Hi everyone, it's turned very nippy in the country. Heating on!! Someone I know said that they weren't going to turn their heating on till December, to avoid a huge gas bill. They probably live in the depths of London and won't really need it. They probably live in a double glazed flat. l don't think I could live in this country without central heating, but loads of people do, they just rely on electric fires or something. I remember my cousin's house in York, it was right by the river, quite a big stone house, with stone floors, it was freezing. The only heating they had was an electric fire in the living room. We used to sit and watch t.v and have condensation coming out our noses! Going to bed was the worst, it was like sliding between two sheets of ice and it always used to take ages to warm up. I don't know how she lived there, through all those winters. I suppose you just toughen up in the end. Even yesterday I saw people wandering around in jeans and t-shirts and you think to yourself, no way!
Must tell you of my terrible experience running. About half an hour before going out on my run, Gerald and I were in the coffee shop. For some reason I decided to have hot chocolate, only it came with so much cream on it, more cream than anything else. Well, when I started running it must have started to curdle in my stomach and I ended up with severe pains, wondering if I was going to make it home. Definitely not one to recommend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home