Friday, December 07, 2007

Toughening up!

Hi folks , we have been without heating the whole day, and the gas men are still working outside, they lied as they said it would be back on by now. I went for a lovely run today, not in the forest, but alongside it, on the road that goes into London. I think the forest will be too muddy. I twisted my ankle and because there were so many cars going past, I had to act all cool and pretend that there was nothing wrong, meanwhile I was grimacing in pain. Then when I got back on of the gas men said to me that I obviously hadn't gone far enough because I wasn't sweating. Actually, it was so cold that it was only when I was on the way back that my hands started to warm up. Gerald keeps phoning me to find out if we have heating, I don't even say hello, I recognise the number and I just say "No dear, it's not on yet!"
There is very much a Christmas spirit out here that seemed to be missing where we lived before. It's lovely to go out in the evenings and all the houses are lit up with their Christmas decorations, which reminds me, we must put up our tree, it will look especially lovely next to the fire!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home