Friday, November 23, 2007

Help, it's cold!

Wow, it's really cold, apparently tonight it's going to be -5! Better watch out when I'm driving home through the dark forest. Might even see some snow. I though it was a bit nippy when we went up the road earlier, even had to wear gloves, I was horrified to see someone wearing a short sleeved T Shirt, they're tough in the country!
The coldest weekend I ever spent was in York when i went to visit my cousin. She had no central heating in her flat and there was a big gaping hole in the window which we had to cover up with a thick blanket, which didn't stop the cold getting through at all. It snowed like anything, it was a couple of feet deep outside. The first night was fine because we were out clubbing and so wrecked anyway, but the remainder of the time I spent swathed from head to foot in a thick blanket, it wasn't even funny after a while, because it was impossible to get warm. Really put me off going up North in the winter I can tell you. i don't know how anyone can live without central heating, it's beyond me, but people do, they just have those big gas fires. One thing's for sure, Gerald will be building a fire tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home