Thursday, November 22, 2007

The perils of living in Africa

Hi again everyone, I just woke up, slowly getting back into some sort of routine, I suppose it all takes time. Today I am going to go and meet Gerald for lunch because he has an awkward appointment and doesn't have time to come home,then I would not see him until tomorrow. Also there are a few things I need to get which I haven't been able to find here. One of my sisters asked me what on earth we wanted to move out here for, I was a bit surprised, I thought it was obvious, I felt like saying if she actually came to visit us oneday she would find out.
Well it's less than a month now before my Mum gets here and I bet she can't wait. The banks in Zimbabwe are now running out of money, you are only allowed to withdraw a small amount of cash per person and that is barely enough to buy a few groceries. Even though she is leaving , the situation is still getting her down. I suppose she sees all her friends struggling , and the battle to survive has just become too much.
At least Zimbabwe is not as violent as South Africa. Apparently the other day my 65 year old uncle disturbed an armed intruder inside his home, this guy had managed to scale an 8ft wall and even had a wheelbarrow to load up all the booty. My uncle was not strong enough to overpower him and began to scream for help. Fortunately the neighbours came to his assistance and managed to restrain the burglar, but my uncle is in a real state, couldn't stop shaking. He's lucky to be alive I think.
Must get ready now, Nyo and I are enjoying the sunshine today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home