Saturday, November 17, 2007

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Hi everyone, last night we played at Cafe de Paris, I have been left scarred and mortified by my performance, although for some strange reason the audience seemed to like it. I had to rise like the proverbial phoenix after my throat seized up with dryness on the second song which I had to choke my way through. Did I want to cry or what, especially since some of my friends had made a special effort to get there. I suppose we will laugh about it one day. Gerald says it is just nerves, at least he didn't yell at me. I don't even remember driving home, I was in such a state of shock. Welcome to the world of live performance. I just have to make sure I learn my lessons from this because we do deserve to sound good, we put a lot of effort into this and that's why it's frustrating when it goes pear shaped.
Anyway, we came home and Gerald got the fire going, it's so cold that he has been lighting one every night, it's so relaxing to sit there in the cosy warmth, listening to the wood crackle. Chilled us right out to where we passed out. Went to bed and I awoke in the early hours, remembering every detail of last night, how awful !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home