Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Inertia creeps

Another disrupted day for we had the carpets changed and it was another early start, to top it all we had someone else come round to measure the infamous windows at the same time. Hey, we want our life back. Did I mention that we had to dismantle the studio as well, no easy task, you should see the amount of wires ! Well in suppose that I should stop complaining because at least the landlord is getting around to doing some of the things that need doing. I feel like falling asleep all the time, I don't know if it is because of the weather and the fact that it gets dark so early now, or if all the stress is catching up with me now that I've finally had a chance to relax. There's something so soothing about sitting in our living room that it hypnotises you into a state of extreme inertia, unable to stir yourself into any sort of locomotion whatsoever. I finds myself staring stupefied into the garden at nothing in particular,then sometimes all I can see out the corner of my eye is Gerald staggering under the weight of the coal bucket. Speaking of coal and chimneys, why didn't anyone tell me that you are supposed to make a wish when you get your chimney swept and the brushes peep out the top of the chimney? The man who came round to do ours had the audacity not to mention anything, he was more interested in the four years of soot that had accumulated at the foot of the fireplace, it's a good job we had it done, imagine all that lot spurting out, or worse still, the chimney catching fire. It's still cold , but no sign of snow yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home