Monday, September 24, 2007

Will my Mum leave?

It's a blustery Monday morning, kept getting woken up by the howling wind and the rain lashing at the window, it was quite a violent storm. Looking outside now, it seems dark and cold, a big change from yesterday when I was roaming around in a t-shirt, I even saw some Sunday shoppers wearing shorts!
Not long now till we are supposed to go to Zimbabwe, I still haven't even booked the tickets because of the uncertain situation, but we will have to make a decision soon. How much worse can things get in a few weeks? How much longer can we be attached to the memory of what a country once was and what it could be? That place has broken my heart enough times. I hope my Mum has decided to come back with us, I don't think I can go there again and then leave her there this time, I don't want to get on the plane without her, it will be terrible to leave her there, I can't. Yet she is so stubborn, like a typical Leo, and in a way I do understand, she loves that country, she was born there and has lived there all her life, so it's difficult for her as well. We don't need any more tragedies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home