Friday, September 21, 2007

Consumer Society

Hi everyone , the weekend is here again, but in the Cling household it is business as usual as we scout for more gigs to get ourselves out there. I am also trying to find a photographer to do some new photos of us. Gerald was working on the new song till about 0500 this morning, so here we, are as determined as ever. Never give up.
I must sort out my winter wardrobe , I need to get a pair of boots and some other stuff, I am so into recycling I have given most of my other clothes away. The other day we went to the dump to get rid of all our stuff that was broken or just junk. Gerald said it was a lovely feeling as he was throwing everything on the tip. When he threw our hoover away, the one that blew up last week, he said he saw several identical ones there already, obviously their owners had the same misfortune as us, won't be buying that brand again. It's incredible what people discard, the amount of TVs and computers was quite staggering! Shows how much of a consumer society we are, in my Mum's time a hoover would have lasted for years and if it did break down it would have been repaired, not callously chucked away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home