Sunday, September 16, 2007

Creativity

Good morning everyone, it's another lazy Sunday, we have been languishing in bed , it's a wonderful luxury! Isn't it amazing that Zimbabwe thrashed Australia at cricket, not that I follow sport or anything, but I thought it was wonderful. All the other news that comes out of there is heartbreaking. I bet you that despite all their troubles , the people are still smiling though.
Nyo has commandeered the sofa now and constructed a nest underneath the throw. She is very territorial and cheeky, we still can't have visitors because now she attacks you if you go anywhere near it. The other day I was merely standing next to it and she flew onto my leg and started biting. I think that she is going a bit senile. I always seem to end up with the craziest pets.
Thinking of lyrics for a new song, the creative process is fascinating because it never follows the same pattern. Inspiration can strike at any time and it's wonderful when it all starts to flow and fall into place. Sometimes I'll have the whole song together except for one line, then that one line will take me ages to think of. Once I did write the lyrics for a whole song over the course of an evening, that was amazing. If I am stuck, I always try to take myself back to my childhood, for I had such a vivid imagination, I would escape into my own world in my head for hours and hours, never needing any company. I was very fortunate though to be in such beautiful surroundings, always outside and close to nature. The African garden is spectacular, the variety of insects alone is enough to keep you entertained for days, there was always something interesting to observe and learn about. Wonderful times. It's much more fun to see the world through the eyes of a child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home