Monday, September 10, 2007

Oranges

Hi everyone, had a relaxing day yesterday, managed to put our rancid experience of Oxford behind us, and enjoyed the sunshine. In the park that we go to, there is a little kiosk where they sell the most delicious milkshakes and other goodies, so we always buy something from there and they have chairs and benches where you can enjoy your treats whilst overlooking a stretch of water.
Where I was born in Zimbabwe, there used to be a lot of citrus estates and they would have little kiosks on the main road to Harare, where you could stop and buy all the lovely fresh produce. Sometimes on a Sunday, my dad would bundle us all into the car and we would go for a drive to buy some oranges. We would always get a big sack of them, they were the plumpest, sweetest, juiciest oranges I have ever tasted, how I used to love eating them, sometimes one after the other, to the point where my sister used to complain that I was greedy! There was nothing better than getting out the pool after a long swim and lying in the sun afterwards with a lovely, refreshing orange to demolish. See how easy it is to be happy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home