Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thanks Daddy

My sister sent me photos of her wedding that I attended last September, actually I was the witness and the only one from my family who was there to support her. In every single photo, Gerald and I are canoodling like a couple of lovebirds, I remember the groom's brother was always trying to catch us unawares, in the end we started playing for the camera on purpose, kissing wildly, etc, etc. It was a happy day though, like all weddings should be. After the ceremony, my sister had hired and old fashioned red London bus to take everyone to the reception and we had a little tour of London, it was unusual and really good fun.
I am the only adult in my family that has never been married and the last person to carry my father's name. Apparently he was hoping that I would be a boy after having two girls already. He wanted to call me Christopher, and look what he ended up with! It's very strange, because my dad left this world a long time ago, but I can still see him clearly in my mind and I often wonder what he would have thought about all this music. I think he would have been very happy for me, he loved music and had a vast collection. He banned TV in our house, it used to make me mad being the only person without a TV, every evening we would listen to music for our entertainment instead. I didn't understand at the time, but I can see now how valuable it was and so much better than being glued mindlessly to a box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home