Sunday, April 29, 2007

Monkey business

Hi everyone, I never expected our newspaper interview to cause such a stir, but it has in certain quarters and has already attracted some more interest for some live performances. Had a lovely, long lazy lie in today, even though I woke up quite early, I was just dozing in bed for a couple more hours, rewarding myself for running nearly every day this week.
My thoughts are drawn back to Mombasa today, we had a lovely room that had a balcony overlooking the sea, and I remember the sound of the wind as it blew in off the ocean, it kind of rattled the palms trees and they always made a soft, clattering sound, a bit like wooden chimes. From time to time the hotel was visited by a colony of very cheeky monkeys. They got up to all sorts of things because they were used to getting fed by all the tourists, big mistake. As they weren't really afraid of humans, they used to go on the rampage, stealing food and things. I even saw one going through a lady's handbag by the pool! Once a little baby monkey leaped onto our balcony whilst we were sitting there, he looked so cute that I foolishly gave him a biscuit and he had the audacity to actually follow me back inside the room itself, then when he left he decided to do a big poo on the balcony! I wasn't so keen on them after that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home