Friday, April 27, 2007

On the way to fame!

We made it into the paper, how funny, I managed to secure a copy this morning, and there we are in all our glory, ha ha! I wonder if any of our neighbours will twig on that it's us! The reporters didn't distort the truth either, I suppose you have to be mega famous for that to happen. I hope that we generate some more interest now, that will be great.
As I look out the window, the sky is grey with rain, we have been spoilt now with all the beautiful sunshine that we have been having. If it didn't rain so much, then England wouldn't be so green. That's the first thing I always notice when I return from somewhere. As the plane is on it's final approach, if I happen to glance out the window I am always struck by how green the countryside looks and how neat it is, it seems that it's all divided into tidy squares.
A sharp contrast to Bulawayo, where I come from. The bush always looks quite brown and dry, except if it's been raining. There is only one landing strip and it feels like you are going to come down in the bush itself. After that, it's like being transported back in time as the aircraft taxis towards the old colonial style buildings. It's a bit like Yin and Yang!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home