Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bulanio

Hey, where is the sun today, come back. Gerald wants to sunbathe in the park again whilst I go running. Yesterday was our first session in the rehearsal studio, it went quite well actually, it's just a matter of getting used to everything, and like the old saying goes, practice makes perfect. At least we haven't left everything till the last minute. What I really need to sort out as well is my stage outfit, where do I start? I would like something a bit flamboyant, but at the same time it has to be practical.
Once I entered a modelling competition and I wanted a dress that was really unusual, so I engaged the services of a dress designer who had her own small business. We came up with the craziest idea for a dress and ended up making it. It was a sheer black concoction with a huge shark fin shape coming out above the one shoulder. It was so hard to design that in the end the material had to be stretched over a metal frame that had been welded around my body. We had a real problem finding a welder and ended up with some guy from the undertaker's! At last the dress was finished, we called it 'Bulanio', I did wear it in the competition, I was runner- up. I do have some old photographs of me wearing it, but I can't show you as they are not digital. Once I had to take 'Bulanio' to South Africa, I couldn't put her in my case and it caused such a rumpus trying to get through the x-ray machine. My mum still has 'Bulanio', the fin is now bent and it is a bit worse for wear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home