Sunday, April 08, 2007

Congratulations Competition Winners


Happy Easter everyone, don't gorge out on too many Easter Eggs!
Our competition is now closed, the correct answer was a traditional Arabic dhow, from my blog written 5/04/07.
Congratulations to the four winners, the link for 'Yours' is in your mailbox as I write, any problems, send us a message:
Robert from London
Robert from Ontario, Canada
Liz from West Virginia USA
Jamie from Louisiana USA
The lady standing with me in the photo is called Stella, she has a fruit stall on the beach. I used to buy coconuts from her and every day when she saw us on the beach, she would come running up to us to say hello. When business was over and twilight was falling, I would watch Stella pulling her heavy cart of fruit across the sands. She told me that she had three children at home to support. There is such a difference between the plastic Africa inside the luxury hotels and the real Africa outside. Yet no matter what their hardships, The African people are always smiling, that's what I love about them. Anyway, the reason why I'm writing about Stella is because when I left, I gave her some stuff that I didn't need anymore, including the famous MySpace pink bikini! How funny that it should end up there and I must admit that Stella looked a bit bewildered when she saw it, as if to say what on earth am I going to do with this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home