Sunday, April 15, 2007

It's happening

Don't think we'll be spending much time indoors today because the weather is gorgeous. Unfortunately we have to head off and do some mundane things as well. Ever since we got back from hols, I haven't been able to bring myself to go to the supermarket, instead we have been doing what French people do and just buying what we need everyday, but now the novelty is wearing off and we keep forgetting vital items, the cupboards are bare and so we must battle, in an undignified way, amongst the hordes of Sunday supermarket shoppers . We are also meant to be meeting someone with a view to making a video. London has a great atmosphere when the weather is hot, there is a lot of greenery and so many beautiful parks where you can go and chill out.
I'm sure I have witnessed global warming myself since I have been living in London. When I first came here the winters used to be so freezing and bitter. I remember my first winter here, I used to cry every night when I got into bed because I was so cold.Even when the heating was on, I would get into bed with layers of clothes. In the end I couldn't bear it and I got on a plane on Xmas Day and went back home to the heat for a few months, those were the days! Now the winters seem milder, we're lucky if you even see snow and the summers are unbelievably hot. I'm sure it's not my imagination either, it could well be that my body has just got used to the cooler climate, but many English people say the same thing. I can't help but feel that every day the world is changing more rapidly, like a catalyst that gains momentum and moves faster and faster towards it's fate. These are interesting times that we are witnessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home