Thursday, April 12, 2007

Music Biz

How did I end up with such a strange creature for a pet? Nyo has become so clingy (no pun intended) that she can't let me sit down without coming to settle on my knee. If I try to get her off then she starts biting me and digs her claws in. Makes it difficult to write as I have to turn my head at an angle and it will give me a sore neck!
There was talk on the news the other night about the state of the music biz because so many people are downloading songs illegally, for free. I can understand why people do it, but at the same time it makes it really difficult for the average artist to make a living. If we all stopped making music then what a mundane world it would be, think how much joy and pleasure a song can give. And if the smaller independent bands can't make it, then the market will just be dominated again by the bands that the big labels want you to hear, rather than the bands of your choice. So it's a bit of a vicious circle.
Anyway, to change the subject completely, I have come to the conclusion that the best sleeping aid ever invented was television. Since I am not watching in the evenings at the moment, I am able to stay awake until the early hours. It must just make you completely brain dead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home