Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Don't waste water

What an exhilerating day we had yesterday, by the end of it we just collapsed in the living room and eventually crawled into bed. This morning I couldn't manage to get up early again , I just turned off the alarm and went back to sleep, how lazy! I will go for a little run though when Gerald goes out, I'm begining to find it addictive now, I've got to the stage where I feel guilty if I don't do it.
We went grocery shopping whilst we were hungry and boy did we end up with loads of stuff, I hope we can get through it all. I hate to waste food because I think of all those poor people in Africa that can't even afford more than one meal a day and it doesn't seem right. I'm always trying to conserve water as well, I can't stand it when people waste water, like when they clean their teeth and leave the tap running for the entire time. It must be because when I was small there was always water rationing if there wasn't enough rainfall. I remember one year there was such a bad drought that all the animals were dying in the bush, it was so sad, and when we had a bath, the water couldn't be more than a couple of inches deep. Everyone had big drums in their garden to catch the rainwater if it did rain, for if you didn't have a borehole there was no way that you could water your garden. At school we were always taught how to conserve water and treat it like a precious commodity.
Saw a bit of an interesting programme the other night, this guy had to survive out in the wild on his own and he was eating raw scorpions and the like, he said they were full of protein, but tasted quite bitter, honestly the things people do for a bit of publicity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home