Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Just when I though it was going well

Had a disastrous rehearsal yesterday, I suppose it is inevitable really to have a few really bad ones. My confidence took a real bashing as every time I opened my mouth, my voice just sounded terrible, it was like it didn't belong to me at all. But at least I learned that you have to be prepared for any situation, I also have to become even stronger mentally, because if I make a mistake I need to stay focused on what I'm doing, rather than let it put me off. So today I have to overcome all the negativity that's trying to lurk in my mind. At least it didn't happen on the day. And then Gerald wrote me a sweet letter expressing his love and support, so at least I know that he understands what it's like. Anyway, today I am going to go and get some in-ear monitors so at least I will be able to hear what's going on. It was quite funny, because normally the guy who runs the studio is quite chatty after our sessions, but yesterday, he took one look at our faces and didn't even ask how it went, mind you he probably heard how it was all going. Anyway, I just have to work harder, that's just the way it is.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home