Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Street

Another day goes by, I was harassed in the park again yesterday, it seems I can't just go for a run in peace, I don't know why, everyone else seems to jog about with no problems whatsoever, but I get chased and screamed at, unbelievable.
My little niece is writing to me at the moment, my sister and her family are relocating to somewhere in Montana and my niece isn't looking forward to going at all. I know how she feels as my dad also uprooted us when we were kids, only it was worse for us because he took us to another continent! So I am doing my best to help her feel positive about going. It's only fear of the unknown that stresses people out, instead of embracing change, they want to hold on to what is familiar to them. It's something we all do to a certain extent. Look how long it's taking me and Gerald to move out of our flat, we always have something else that crops up, but really it's because we're comfortable here and lazy I suppose.
Since the weather has become warmer, there are lots of people in their front gardens in the mornings, everyone seems to bellow to each other at the tops of their voices, it's a sociable little stretch of the road. The good thing is that we all seem to tolerate each other most of the time, for example no-one has ever complained about our loud music belting out. I think we are actually the most intolerant people because we are always complaining when people park across our drive. I don't know why it annoys us so much, maybe it is a subconscious feeling of being trapped!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home