Friday, May 11, 2007

Poor Nyo

My poor little lovebird is very ill today, she had another one of her seizures and this time I really didn't think she was going to make it, until Gerald came and did some healing on her. As he says, she has had more lives than a cat with all the things that have happened to her. Now she is recovering in her cage and seems to be alright again. The one and only time I have ever taken Nyo to the vet, she got her beak stuck right into the poor bloke's hand and held on like a pit-bull , he tried to grimace bravely, but you could tell he was in agony. Today she was so weak that she let me hold her in my hands without even trying to bite. The survival instinct in animals is incredible though, they have a lot of determination and resilience.
Anyway, all we did yesterday was practice on the set and Gerald stayed up till the early hours trying to sort out all the music etc. It's a good job we started preparing when we did , imagine if we'd left it all till the last minute, I didn't realise that there was so much work involved, but it's so much fun, this is the thing that I am enjoying most in my life right now.
Nyo is sleeping peacefully in her cage now, sweet little creature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home