Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dancing in the Rain

Hi everyone, I don't think Gerald and I will ever forget Africa Day because it was freezing cold and raining like anything. When we got to Trafalgar Square, Miriam Makeba was on stage singing and despite the fact that it was literally pouring down there was still a massive crowd there and everyone was just dancing to the music in the middle of the deluge. Only Africans could have such spirit, nothing was going to stop them from enjoying the tunes. And I had many a tear in my eye as she sang songs that were so familiar from my childhood. What a voice that lady has!
Yesterday we went rehearsing, Gerald was very peeved because he had bought a brand new foot pedal and when we were going through one of the songs, I think he became a bit over zealous because one of the switches packed in, we both just sat and looked at it in shock. The worst thing is that it will take two weeks to get a new one, so annoying. Now today we have to go all the way over to the depths of North London to some obscure music shop to pick up some more equipment. So I better get ready, catch you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home