Thursday, May 17, 2007

Eating humble pie

So here I am again, it's quite warm today, warm and grey, sometimes the sun manages to blast through with a glare and you have to squint when you look outside. Spoke to my mum yesterday and she is getting ready to go and see my uncle in Cape Town next month. Isn't it strange that I have family there and yet the only time I have ever been there was when I was a little baby? I still have have a photograph of my Dad holding me in the sea. It does sound lovely there, every time we go in that direction though we only have a couple of weeks, not really enough time to start touring around. I actually feel guilty because a couple of years ago I really blasted my uncle and wrote him an incredibly rude email because I thought he was taking advantage of my Mum in certain situations, now he is really helping her and I feel a bit disrespectful because I shouldn't have spoken to him like that. I suppose I should apologise to him. At the time though, I thought I was doing the right thing, my Mum was full of complaints and then when I did something about it all of a sudden she said everything was fine. I think it was then that I learnt that it's pointless interfering in situations that people have created for themselves. So there we are, at least I learned something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home