Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Why can't we have solar power

Hi everyone, it's raining again, yesterday was great as I was out running in it and it really cooled me off, enabling me to go further than I ever have been before. There is an almighty din outside as the refuse is being collected. Yesterday I noticed that a lot of people do recycling on our road now , there just used to be a few of us, I think it should be compulsory, especially with the warnings in the news today that there is only five years left to save the planet. Do enough of us care? The amount of waste that humans produce is scary, especially all of those plastic bags. We really are destructive creatures as well.
One thing I don't understand is why there is so little solar power in the world, you would think in all those hot countries it would make sense ,and it would be a lot cleaner as well. Everyone's excuse is that the solar panels are so expensive blah, blah, but if everyone made them , then they wouldn't be. Why keep plundering the earth of oil and coal and gas, when the sun is there with limitless energy? Why don't governments move more towards solar power and make it more accessible to people? Is it because it makes sense? It's probably just a lot easier to carry on as we are, gives us something to moan about!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home