Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tuesday

Hi everyone, well my laptop is so fast today it is like another computer, I am stunned, why can't it work like this all the time? Is it just the winter that makes it so hard to get out of bed, or is it just because I'm tired? I could have slept on for at least another couple of hours.
Gerald has roused up so many subscribers to my blog now, I feel honoured. I was just thinking about Christmas and how it catches me unawares every year, I still haven't even bought one present yet, but everyone else seems to be in a frenzy. I was in the supermarket yesterday and already the queues are enormous, don't ask me why I always leave everything till the last minute.
In Africa you always know that it is December because the cicadas come out in the rainy season, we always used to call them Christmas beetles. It is still a magical time of year, despite being boiling hot, all the traditions are followed. After Christmas lunch though, we always used to go and jump in the pool and have a good swim, dreaming of what it would be like to have snow.
I don't know how much longer I will continue to eat chicken, I keep reading everywhere about the physiological impact of eating meat and it reminds me of why I stopped in the first place. All the pain and fear that the animal experiences is left in the meat and that's what we eat, that's why it supposedly makes you aggressive. Every time I look at Nyo, I feel guilty, not that there is much meat on her, only a mouthful, she is shrieking now, as if she knows what I am talking about.
Today I will be working on tunes, get my creative juices flowing. Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home