Saturday, December 09, 2006

Save the animals

Flying in the face of adversity, that's what I'm doing at the moment. Someone is spreading malicious gossip about me and I'm not even there to defend myself, it probably wouldn't happen if I was there, the old saying that empty vessels make the most noise certainly rings true, still bad publicity is better than no publicity I suppose. It will be interesting to see what the outcome is. Doesn't stop my stomach from churning though, I could really do without all of this, my only consolation is that this person is deluded and making an absolute fool of themselves.
I was thinking of Zimbabwe today, how it has changed so much in some ways, yet the countryside is still as beautiful as ever. About 20 minutes from where my Mum lives is a national park, full of game and stunning scenery. I remember driving out there in the middle of the night once, it was a full moon and all the animals were going crazy, we even saw a black sable,which is very rare, galloping by the side of the road. I wonder what will happen to all the animals, whether they will all be wiped out by poachers or whether they will survive, it is very sad really. I remember once there was a severe drought and so many animals died, even really big animals like giraffes couldn't make it and my heart was so sore. Nature is tough enough without a load of humans interfering. Don't ask me what I think about Madonna's chinchilla coat either!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home