Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Creativity

Persistence outweighs resistance, there is a problem with this site, but I was determined to get on it, especially now that my computer is running OK. I was really tired last night and I went to bed whilst Gerald was still in the middle of watching a film, which is very unusual for me.We will start recording the lyrics of our new tune today, I have finished most of them and I can start working on the next one. One of my favourite things is recording, you know when you have got it right because you go into another space and you are not really thinking about what you are doing, also you get a lovely glow in your solar plexus, let's hope I experience some of that today. Songs always used to take me so long to write, but generally I am getting quicker at it. Sometimes you have to force the creative process and not get stuck in the same patterns, try something different like singing in a way you don't normally sing. I always used to sing really low and then one day we were fooling around and I discovered I could sing really high notes. I find the time when I am most creative is when I am just about to go to bed, when I am going through everything that's happened during the day. I sometimes have to keep a pen and paper by the bed because words come to me in the middle of the night and other unusual times, like when I am doing yoga. I suppose any time when your mind is relaxed and open to the process. Creativity is life so it must come from the life force.
Before I end, I heard such a profound quotation the other day, which I must share with you, it has nothing to do with creativity, but I thought it was so good. "There is no such thing as an ugly woman , there are only happy women or unhappy women."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home