Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fear is like a weed...

It seems like the whole country is living in a climate of fear as more and more people lose their jobs and the news is just full of doom and gloom. Even people I know are really struggling and I don't remember the UK ever being like this before. I was chatting to an old friend of mine, we used to share a flat together and we went to India together on a spiritual quest. She reminded me of how important it is to be strong. In the last year she split from the one she truly loves and now she has just lost her job as well, but still seems more concerned about others than she is for herself. It doesn't seem fair that all of that happened to her, but she just sees it as another lesson that life is teaching her. She has always been a bit further down the path than I have been, some people have tremendous insight and can understand things really deeply. I suppose that combined with a lot of faith, it can lead you to remain calm and positive in any situation.
Still there is the promise of spring to look forward to. The days are getting longer now and the birds in the garden are getting raucous and frisky. They start to sing very early in the mornings now and there is evidence of nest building going on already. I'm glad they all survived the nasty winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home