Friday, February 06, 2009

Before and after

I think I mentioned last week that I have finished wearing my braces now and the other day I had to return to the orthodontist to have some 'after' photos taken. The previous night, for some inexplicable reason, I had decided to curl my hair and because I have never been able to curl it successfully in the past, I decided to use the old fashioned remedy of curlers. So I put loads in and wound them really tightly, leaving them in for ages, even fell asleep with them digging in my head all night. When I awoke early the next day and took them out, my head had been transformed into a giant, uncontrollable, almost- Afro style, I was totally flabbergasted. I couldn't even get a brush through it , it was so thick and intense, even Gerald looked a bit apprehensive. Not only that our cars were covered in thick layers of snow and ice and it took me a good 20 minutes to clear my windscreen, so I was exceptionally late and didn't have time to attend to this wild and uncontrollable mop that was now my hair. When I arrived at the surgery everyone looked slightly taken aback, they are used to seeing me perfectly groomed, like my 'before' photos. Even the orthodontist looked shocked and then when he was taking the photos he was like "can you just move that hair to the side please, I can't see you mouth." I have been chuckling about this for days, the ironies of life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home