Friday, January 02, 2009

What a night!

Hi everyone and Happy New Year to you all, Gerald and I had the best time ever, we went to a HedKandi party and danced our way into the New Year. In fact we just danced solidly for a few hours. It's got to be the coldest NYE I've ever spent out, I had to meet Gerald up in London and I was waiting for him in Holborn Station where the icy wind was ripping through the entrance like a Siberian gale. After some time, I spotted Gerald making his way through the throngs of merrymakers,but we still had to continue to our destination. I think I should mention that because it was NYE and we were going to a club , I foolishly decided to dress up in a variation of one of my stage outfits, so I was wearing 6inch heels, not the wisest of choice when one is walking around everywhere, especially down steep subways and the like. Plus we didn't have clue where we were going and it was impossible for me to walk quickly, so we were literally freezing our bums off. All that changed however once we were inside the club and started dancing. It was a funky little venue, quite small and not overcrowded, we found a good place to dance and that was it for the next few hours, until I could no longer ignore the searing pains in my thighs and feet from those killer boots. Gerald also had a big blister on his foot because he had decided to come out in new shoes, so we looked a sorry sight as we staggered out of the club, he was limping and I was teetering, and we had to contend with the awful cold again. Even though it was some obscure hour of the morning, the tube was still packed like rush hour and my next remarkable feat was to jump onto a crowded train, across a huge gap between the train and the platform, as the doors were closing, I remember swaying wildly and Gerald almost pulling me on. The journey went quite smoothly, until we were two stops away from home, the train lurched to a halt and the driver informed us that there were people on the tracks ahead and that all power would be shut down till the idiots were removed, so we had no idea how long we were going to be stuck there, by this time I was bursting for the loo as well, couldn't believe it. Eventually got on our way again, no taxis to take us home from the station, so we had to walk. Unfortunately this entails going up a very steep hill, we must have looked a sorry sight, Gerald was hunched over, shivering and limping, and I was shuffling along in minute steps, very tall and erect like a robot! What should have been a ten minute walk took us half an hour, I was so pleased when we stumbled through the front door of our home, sweet home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home