Thursday, February 19, 2009

Don't be a pumkin

Hi everyone, so we have started preps in earnest for the festivals now, it's a very strange and challenging time as there is so much going on in other aspects of our lives. Yesterday I set off for a run and had barely gone round the block when something gave way in my calf muscle and I was gripped by excruciating pain and had to abandon all thoughts of going further. I was forced to hobble home and even though it wasn't that far away, it took me ages and I was cold as I'd been brave and left my sweatshirt at home. Oh well, to cut a long story short, I am much better today and hopefully by the end of the week I will be charging down the country lanes again.
I've realised I'm actually afraid of a lot of things and I don't know why because most of the things I worry about never actually happen. I don't like to admit to my weaknesses, but it's true. The other day I allowed myself to be completely overtaken by negativity and the only thing it helped to achieve was to set me back as I had a totally unproductive day and just couldn't get out of that space. I could have channelled all that energy into something creative. And when I think of what some people have to go through, my issues do seem trivial. So don't be a pumpkin like me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home