Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The marathon

Went on a surreal run through the forest a couple of nights ago, Gerald was accompanying me on his bike, we went much further than I have ever been running, way beyond where we normally turn back. We ended up on the road that goes down to the next village and to get back to where we live we had to go up this massive hill which even seems steep in a car.
The reason why I sat the whole thing was surreal was because when I got into the forest I seemed top be infused with an enormous energy and power, I could have run for hours, I wasn't even out of breath or phased by the distance or anything like that, I even ran up the hill faster than Gerald could ride. The next day when I got up , I didn't even have any sore muscles. I was shocked that I could actually run so far so easily. I still can't get over it, all I can say is that if it was all down to me, this must be the strongest and the fittest I have ever been in my life.
I think I was captured by a nature spirit who wanted to draw me further in to the forest to show me all it's secrets. I love the greenness of the trees and the dense ferns, I like to see the tails of the rabbits as they scamper across the trail and there is always the chatter of the birds. Gerald asked why some birds live in the forest and others live in gardens? I don't really know, maybe they are just like humans and some prefer a quieter life. I suppose they always did live in the forest and then humans invaded it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home