Monday, June 23, 2008

Disconnected!

What an interesting few days, we haven't even had a phone working, let alone the Internet. At 7am on Saturday morning the alarm started giving a blaring warning signal, like it was about to go off, I thought my Mum had accidentally set it off, so I leaped out of bed to try and shut the damn thing off, my mum was nowhere in sight, but a panel on the alarm told me the phone was dead. I then had to call the alarm company from my mobile and wait for the engineer to call me back with instructions. Bear in mind the alarm kept sounding every few minutes and I was not really in a clear state of mind, being half asleep and unable to fully register what was going on. The engineer called and informed me he was not familiar with our high tech system and he had to call someone else to find out how to reset the system. That meant another half hour of me having to stand by the alarm keep turning off the awful sound, which has haunted me ever since. Gerald in the meantime , for some strange reason was unable to get up out of bed, he just kept falling back asleep, which was awful for me because I couldn't even go to the loo!! Anyway, eventually the call came through and I was able to stop the noise.
To cut a long story short there had been a fault in the alarm system which caused the phone line to come down. The rest of the story has exhausted me so much, I can't even think about it. Basically, I now have a huge bill from the phone company to look forward to, since I called them out to fix the line and it was our equipment that was faulty, not their line. They said the alarm company had not connected the wires properly to the phone. The alarm company disagrees , so now it is being batted like a proverbial baseball from one to the other. The point is that as soon as the alarm was disconnected from the phoneline, the phone was working again.
At least we found out what it was, and it took about 5 minutes to fix. They must be raking it in! Anyway, I'll let you know what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home