Thursday, June 12, 2008

Reincarnated hippie

Back online again after waking up this morning and being mysteriously disconnected, it's like we have some sort of gremlin down the phoneline. Never mind America On- line, it's more like America Off- line.
I was driving home early this morning and I thought I would fill up my car before everyone starts panic buying as some tanker drivers are going on strike, and that always sends people into a buying frenzy. I hate this government for making fuel so expensive, I'm sure they are trying to drive us off the roads, but for people like us who live in rural locations, our cars are a necessity. I'm surprised that the public are accepting all of this, I mean there are loads of petitions on the Internet and everything , but the government seems to ignore all of that. So they can't say they are any better than any of these third world dictators that they criticize all the time. On the other hand, they can't ignore the will of the people forever. I wasn't in England at the time, but I remember reading about the poll tax riots, maybe life will become so harsh that things like that will start happening again.
Look at the world around us, see how it changes so quickly every day, we can't keep up with it. As technology advances , the world's natural resources deplete. Oil prices are hitting the roof and it affects affects everything else. There are global food shortages and unrest everywhere, and that's without all the contributing factors from the constantly changing environment and natural disasters. We are heading towards something, but what? That is the challenge of our collective consciousness, but it all starts with us as individuals. We should feel privileged to be in this life in a time of such monumental change. We have to make sure we are ready to go to the next level, whatever that may be. I still believe, and it is only a personal opinion, that the only way we can do this is to evolve spiritually, for I also believe there will come a time when we will have to account for our actions in this life. I think I must be a reincarnated hippie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home