Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Al Fresco

Spent the whole of yesterday outside in the garden, not only was I sunbathing and enjoying the hot weather, I was doing hard labour! I ache all over, especially in my one shoulder, but the results are worth it and it keeps me out of trouble. When Gerald came home in the evening, he accompanied me into the forest on his bike whilst I went running, as if I hadn't done enough physical exertion during the course of the day. The forest seems to give me energy when I run, I go into a sort of a trance where I start to notice things really clearly and then I forget about how far I've run and my breathing kind of sends me into a moving meditation. On the way back , it's really hard going at the edge of the forest, because the track is all uphill. I though my lungs would burst and Gerald even had to stop his bike, but we made it. Still managed to get harassed by some walkers in the forest, even though I wasn't alone, I don't understand why people always have to shout out to me, I don't yell at people when I see them running, there's nothing unusual about it.
Anyway, we came home and I cooked dinner and we ate it outside in the twilight, it was so lovely. Towards the end of it though, the peacefulness was shattered by the most awful dog fight next door, between our two neighbours' dogs. They are both dangerous pit bulls and it was the most awful sound, with a lot of screaming and shouting from the owners. I wanted to go and chuck a bucket of water over the dogs to make them stop, but I couldn't get there in time and to be honest, our one neighbour is so nasty that when I realised it was his dog I was glad I didn't get involved, I probably would have chucked the water over him! I don't thing either dog was injured though,but I did get a fright!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home