Thursday, May 29, 2008

Is a skyline a car?

Since I last wrote, I'm sorry to report that the dove died, but it was the best thing, it was so badly injured. It seems to be my week for encountering dead animals, this morning I was heartbroken to see a deer on the side of the road, it had obviously been hit by a car and it's body unceremoniously dragged off the road and left in a heap. It did upset me to see such a magnificent animal destroyed like that. It didn't seem right.
The other day I had to take my car to Gerald's mechanic to get my brakes checked. They had been making an awful sound, so I thought better safe than sorry. It was the first time I had been there and he must have thought I was really silly. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my brakes, and he obviously wanted to explain things to me, so he said "If you have a look at the Skyline over there.." meaning his car. I thought he was trying to be polite and talk about the weather so I looked up at the clouds and made some arbitrary comment about the rain, he must have thought how dizzy and turned my attention to his BMW instead, after all every fool knows what a BMW looks like. I had to chuckle all the way home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home