Monday, May 12, 2008

Loving our garden!

Hi everyone, my laptop has been carted off to be fixed, I hope this guy does a good job of it, he said he could get it to work like it's supposed to, so hopefully I won't have to moan about it anymore when it comes back. Why didn't I sort it out sooner? I aways seem to be procrastinating about something, it's not a good habit. Well, at least I have made the effort now. Lets hopeI get what I am paying for.
I've spent most of today outside in the garden, all of a sudden I was compelled to study everything closely. The way the petals of certain flowers look like tiny sheets of satin, the way the trees dance in the breeze like ballerinas,the antics of the birds as they constantly search for things to eat, the angle of the sun at certain times of the day, how everything seems to grow in front of your eyes. It is very calming and peaceful out there, I have recently taken to sitting out there first thing in the morning, as the sun is just beginning to rise. The other day the sky was a pinky orange colour and this left a pinky hue on the garden as the sun filtered down in-between the trees. All the flowers and plants seemed to pulsate in this ethereal light, it was quite special and healing.
Tonight I have to get the barbeque going, the other day a fire engine came hurtling down our street, no doubt a cat stuck up a tree, or someone's fire out of control. I mostly eat vegetarian things but because of my hectic lifestyle, I have fish every now and again , in case I am not getting enough protein, which is what happened to me when I was a strict lacto-vegan for 7 years. I used to eat chicken , but saw a programme about battery farms and it just put me off again. I know you can buy free-range chicken, but I still feel sorry for them . Well anyway, to get to the point, I have some fish to put on the barbeque. Have fun wherever you are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home