Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rain. rain

It hasn't stopped raining since we woke up today, any thoughts I had about running have had to be quashed, well I did a yoga session instead , so I'm feeling relaxed and stretched in a pleasant way. I've just moved every singe houseplant I have outside into the rain, they can feel what it's like to be watered naturally. They seem very happy, I can almost see them smiling.
This kind of weather makes me want to spend all day in bed, snuggled up. It would be so great, I would read National Geographic and drink hot chocolate, maybe lie down on the sofa in the living room and watch a film. My Auntie Valerie always used to lecture me and my cousin that we should make the most of our teenage years , being free of responsibilities. I think I know what she means ,now there is always something that needs to be done, no time to languish around.
If I close my eyes, I see myself on an island at dusk, the sky purple as I gaze out to the endless sea. The sea is warm as it brushes against my feet, the breeze caresses my face and I feel at peace, at one with ocean and everything around me. Then I dance across the sand to the sweet sounds of calypso music, laughing and free.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home