Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Running in the forest

Today I was reprimanded for going running in a remote part of the forest on my own, it is the first time I have been out running since I got sick and I wanted to celebrate I guess. I get fed up of running next to the main road, and sometimes when it's busy, all I'm breathing is car fumes, kind of defeats the object. Gerald is going to get a bike now, and then he can ride whilst I run, and no I can't run that fast, I suppose he will go ahead of me and wait or something, in which case I will be on my own anyway.. but he is right , you never know what undesirable characters are lurking in the bushes these days.
Why is it that dogs always jump up at me when I run past them ? It must be because they think running looks like a lot more fun than walking along in a boring fashion. Or maybe it is just an instinctive thing. Today I came back with the overzealous footprints of a doberman pup all over my back. I'm a bit wary of dobermans as I was bitten by one when I was small, they are very highly strung creatures that need the right kind of owner. I still have the scar to show for that, I used to tell everyone that I had been bitten by a lion cub, ha ha.
Anyway the forest was beautiful dappled sunshine and the green shoots of spring ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home