Monday, March 31, 2008

Summer on the way!

Hi everyone, I have been really ill over the last couple of days , I appear to have caught the cold from hell and felt so rough that I took to my bed this afternoon and slept.
Yesterday my sister and her husband came over for lunch. It was a beautiful day, warm enough to open the patio doors and sit outside in the sunshine all afternoon. It does make a difference to have a garden again, I can just imagine how gorgeous it will be in the summer. Of course the clocks went forward this weekend and now the days are getting longer and longer with the promise of good things to come.
It's Gerald's birthday this week and we are heading off to a spa hotel for some long overdue relaxation and pampering. We are having a treatment called Heat and Ice, the mind boggles, I like the sound of the heat, but am a coward when it comes to cold water of any kind. I hope we're not going to be sprayed with those giant hosepipes! I'm really looking forward to going actually, we've never really done anything like it before. Of course we've stayed in hotels, but not quite like this one. I love hotels, especially luxurious ones, there's just something decadent and romantic about them.
I've just heard Gerald pull into the driveway, he told me that he is feeling rough as well, looks like we'll be convalescing, not chilling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home