Sunday, March 23, 2008

White Easter

This morning we awoke to the beautiful sight of snow falling in the garden, it's the first time I've ever had a white Easter. I love the way everything looks so clean and white. I had to venture out to feed the wild birds who were waiting patiently in the conifers and also the rosebush had collapsed under the weight of the snow and I had to staighten it up again. Looking up at our roof and the sky, it was just white and now I shall be looking froward to driving through the forest on my way to London, it is going to look stunning. I wish I was staying at home today because then we could light the fire and snuggle up on the sofas and watch the snowflakes dancing in the breeze. I don't know how long it will last though, already as I write it seems to be easing off a bit and will probably all turn to slush, but I'm hoping it will hold out because tomorrow we are going on another country walk and I've never walked in a snowy forest before.
We have so much chocolate in the house now with all our chocolate eggs, Gerald gave me some lovely irresisatble truffles as well, can't wait to get stuck into them. Happy Easter everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home