Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The joys of daughterhood

The garden is quiet today, the lull after the storm, all the trees seem to be bracing themselves for the next onslaught which is meant to be tomorrow. Yesterday my Mum made me go out twice with her in the middle of the storm, when she wants something done , it has to be immediately, no matter what the consequences. She ignored all my advice about dressing properly and taking an umbrella with her and then she ended up getting soaked, and so did I. She had to have some passport photos taken and had to use one of those automatic booths, I secretly peered through the curtain and instead of sitting nicely on the stool to have them taken, she stood up and pressed her face right against the glass. Needless to say the photos were a disaster, but she insisted they were OK, again ignoring all my advice. Then when we went to drop her forms off she was told that the photos were totally unsuitable and had to have them taken all over again. I just shut up, but my nerves were to be tested once again. Upon my return home, I spent ages filling out another form for my mum, only to get to the end of it and discover it was totally unnecessary to do so, I just wanted to scream.
On a good note though, our music has been accepted on WE7. so that is very good news for Cling indeed and cheered us up immensely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home