Monday, February 25, 2008

The Walk

Went on a 7 mile walk yesterday in the surrounding countryside, passing through forests, open farmland and country manors, I think we trekked solidly for about fives hours, only stopping briefly for a cereal bar. We didn't take any other sustenance with us, apart from a bottle of water, how silly.No wonder I ended up with the worst headache ever.
What a fantastic day though, it was a stunning walk with lots of beautiful views, I felt like I was on holiday, we could have been anywhere in England, I still get overcome when I realise that we have it all on our doorstep now. We even saw some deer in the forest, they are very shy and well camouflaged, they don't let you get anywhere near them before they disappear into the trees. Who can blame them when their environment is being destroyed by man? Even though we were in the middle of nowhere there was often the noise in the background from 2 huge motorways that carve up the countryside, no wonder people were so opposed to them being built. They spoil what was once a perfect landscape, where the only sounds were the sounds of the wind in the trees and the birds calling to each other. And really, until I stop using my car, I must accept that I too contribute towards the destruction of the planet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home