Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What's that terrible noise?

Had an unexpected twist at the end of a lovely day yesterday. I spent most of the afternoon recording some vocals and I had some really good ideas. I was pleased because Gerald rang me to tell me he would be home early, an hour earlier than if he's been on public transport, obviously it meant I would see more of him. I went to open the gates and round about the time he was due to come home, I heard a strange and terrible banging noise, almost like someone knocking on the window. A few seconds later, the same noise occured again. I quickly ran to my Mum's room, to ask her if she'd heard anything, but she said no. I was quite scared as I thought it might be a burglar again, smashing something up. I reluctantly went to the wimdow to peer through and I saw the lights from Gerald's car. I was just about to ask him if he'd seen anything untoward in the garden, but before I could say anything he told me that he had driven into the trees that border the driveway, it is like a hegde of conifers and also the driveway is at an awkward angle, it's not easy to get into. He thought he had only taken a bit off the bumper, but on closer inpection with dim torches that had barely any batteries in them, we discovered that a huge chunk of the bumper had been ripped off. We scrambled around in the hedge, pulling out bits of bumper, but there was still a huge piece missing. I think someone went into him earlier and just drove off. Anyway, needless to say he was devastated, he is fond of his car already and has done his best to look after it. I know exactly how he feels, the very first day I had my brand new car, I drove it back from the showroom and when I parked outside the flat, I sraped the hubcaps really badly on the kerb. A week later I drove in to a gate and put a huge dent on the front door, it is the worst feeling, to know you've done so much damage yourself. So this morning, we had to do some emergency taping of the bumper and now it loks like it has a giant plaster on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home