Thursday, March 06, 2008

No sleep, yet again!

Currently listening to the wonderful sound of hammering and drilling as our windows are at long last being replaced. Never mind that I have had hardly any sleep, no gain without pain, I don't think my mum will be very impressed when she arrives home wanting her lunch and the kitchen is all in a mess. She will like fussing over the workmen though, making them endless cups of tea, they love it. Perhaps I will be able to siesta this afternoon, as soon as Gerald gets back we will go out for something to eat , then hopefully things would have quietened down a bit. Fortunately it is a bit warmer today, just as well with no windows in half the house and the heating off.
I quite often meditate in the early hours of the morning and do some yoga before going off to sleep. It is getting lighter earlier now, the sky turns a midnight blue. This morning I looked up, I had opened the curtains to watch the dawn and there were two blackbirds sitting outside watching me intently. Sometimes when Gerald plays music in the studio, lots of little birds all of a sudden start to gather, like they have come to listen as well. I don't think I have ever lived in a garden that has so many birds, but then we have a lot of trees, a whole row of conifers included, and that's where they seem to have all their nests.
When I was small, my Mum always used to leave big bowls of seed out for the little birds in the winter. In the early mornings, I used to wake up and watch them all arrive by the dozen, they were little blue and white birds and I'll never forget the sight and sound of them all jostling for food. Sometimes we would find mice in the swimming pool, and their little bodies would be almost frozen, my Mum used to put them near the warm oven and more often than not, they would revive and scamper off!
There has been a momentary lull in the proceedings, I think they have taken a break for lunch, the good old British workmen!! I must go and investigate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home