Sunday, April 06, 2008

April Snow

Greetings everyone, we awoke again today to the sight of the garden covered in snow , we were shocked and delighted at the same time. What's going on, it's a funny kind of spring. I've just ventured out in the garden to feed the birds, I feel sorry for them, they must be confused, especially if they have little chicks to keep warm. There is a blackbird sitting on the wall now and he is calling out in a most disgruntled manner to me, as if he's asking me to stop the snow. We've even been visited today by two jet black ravens that had gun-metal grey faces, at least they all seem to know where to come for some sustenance. Even as I write , the snow shows no sign of easing off, in fact it appears to be getting heavier!
Today is the first day that I've actually felt normal since I got ill. I even ended up going to the doctor for the first time in about five years, she was very unsympathetic and advised me to go to bed. All very well but we were just about to go away on our pampering expedition.
I'm glad we did escape into a world of luxury for a couple of days. We had lots of hydrotherapy treatments, steam rooms, saunas, ice-caves, you name it. I'm sure it all helped in the healing process, it makes your skin feel lovely and soft as well! The hotel was grand, with excellent food and very comfortable, spacious rooms, I'm sure if you did stay there a week you would feel like a trillion dollars. It did make me really tired though, by the end of the trip I was falling asleep straight after dinner, maybe that's how knackered my body really is.
When we returned home, I was shocked to discover that my Mum was so ill as well that she had taken to her bed. Fortunately we are all on the road to recovery now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home